Send me an Email
1 Herrings Cove Place
I am a motivated person who has always had a strong passion for Information Technology. I enjoy problem solving and finding innovative & permanent solutions to eliminate future IT issues. My main strengths are adaptability and determination to get the task at hand done.
Key Skills and Competencies
- AWS Solutions Architect Associate Qualification
- Understanding of core network infrastructure
- Problem-solving / Troubleshooting skills
- Computer literate, with strong interest in advancing skills
- Install and advanced configuration of Windows Consumer and Windows Server environments
- Active Directory Domain Services management
- Advanced Hypervisor administration and clustering with Hyper-V and Vmware
- Scripting and Automation
- AzureAD and Microsoft Endpoint Manager (Intune)
- AWS Cloud Platform, including automated deployments and configuration with Terraform and Ansible
- Plesk website hosting management
Isometric Solutions Limited
- Isometric Solutions Limited
- 14/490 South Titirangi Road, Auckland
- November 2019 – Now (Current)
Employed at Isometric Solutions as a “Business Systems Engineer” Providing Tier 2 and 3 Support to Businesses and Schools across the APAC Region, my role primarily involves support to our clients, but also branches into other areas of business, I currently manage key infrastructure in AWS maintaining SAAS applications and configuring infrastructure from scratch.
I work with key technologies to support a cloud leveraged environment, including VMWare, Veeam, Azure AD, Jamf, Intune, AWS, 3CX, Office365, G Suite, Kamar, Plesk, Linux and WordPress.
I also have worked with stakeholders on projects such as the BeachHop website (beachhop.co.nz) and building scalable services based around this website.
- SoulMachines Limited
- 106 Customs Street West, Auckland
- April 2018 – November 2019
Employed at SoulMachines as a “Systems Engineer” providing support to internal staff, and implementing solutions to key infrastructure and cloud infrastructure.
I work with multiple key technologies maintaining and implementing solutions for internal services, skills include AWS S3 & EC2, Terraform, Ansible, Office365 GCP, Gsuite, Hyper-V, Veeam, Slack, Active directory, Okta and Jamf
- 20 Beaumont Street, Freemans Bay
- 0800 35 99 33
- January 2017- April 2018
Employed at Optimus Systems as a “Service Desk Analyst” providing support to 150+ company’s covering New Zealand and Australia.
In this role I provided frontline support over the phone and via email to our clients with any issues raised. I also received hands on data-center experience with performing maintenance tasks in our datacenter located at plan-B iconz
In this role I actively supported multiple clients with their various services including but not limited to: Domain management, Website hosting, Server management, Desktop support, Cloud backup, Datto Cloud, RMM(Kaseya), Connectwise, Office365, Sharepoint, Intermedia, Google Apps, and eFolder.
- Techtorium NZIT
- NZ Level 5 Diploma in Information Technology
- January 2016 – December 2016
- Amazon Web Services – Solutions Architect Associate
- November 2020
- 3CX Advanced Certified Engineer
- March 2020
- Workplace First Aid
- January 2015
- Workplace Healthy & Safety
- January 2015
In my personal time I maintain my own home lab and networking environment, running on some ex-lease server hardware, this allows me to further expand my skills in a controlled environment, I also operate a small web hosting service hosted out of AWS. My technical passions include web design and management, along with providing reliable infrastructure for my own customers.
Another passion I have is working on cars. I have restored a 1966 VW Beetle which I have since sold, and am on to my second restoration of a 1967 VW Beetle which I do not ever plan on selling. So expect to see that floating round office carpark when it is finally finished. I also make use of my technical skills in 3D Printing and CNC Machining.